Tesla has been doing well in terms of introducing new luxury electric vehicles that can offer lot of choice and options to the consumers. After doing well with the Signature lineup Tesla has now decided to come up with new sedans that can offer much more to the buyers. The all new 2013 Tesla Model S is the latest luxury sedan from a company that has manufactures America’s homegrown electric vehicles. Tesla has made sure that they offer something new to the consumers and therefore it is a luxury car that offers practical options but at a price point that is not ultra-wealthy. Here we take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the 2013 Tesla Model S review below.
- Tesla designers have made sure that they offer something new and therefore they have redesigned this large sedan in a better way. The base model gets 19 inch wheels, LED daytime running lights, and sleek aerodynamic body shape that can offer better performance.
- The front side of the vehicle is identical to the earlier version that also offers two air vents that improves the performance of the vehicle. The lower black grille also makes the car look aggressive and sporty. The headlights are sculpted well into the front design. The side profile of the vehicle is also angular giving it a futuristic appearance.
- The all new 2013 Tesla Model S offers four distinct power train choices that can offer better performance. All the power trains are powered by a single water cooled electric motor that is mated with single speed transmission on the rear wheels.
- The base model gets 40kWh lithium ion battery pack that can deliver equivalent of 235 horsepower and 310 lb feet of torque. Tesla has not tested the EPA estimates of the battery but it would be around 125 miles. The new Tesla Model S sedan can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds which is pretty fast.
- The 60kWh battery pack generates around 302 horsepower and 317 lb feet of torque with EPA estimates of 208 miles. This model accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds.
- The 85kWh battery pack model generates 362 horsepower and 325 lb feet of torque with EPA estimates of 265 miles and can accelerate zero to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds.
- The Performance model offers 416 horsepower and 443 lb feet of torque with the range of 265 miles but it can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds making it among the fastest luxury electric vehicle.
- All 2013 Tesla Model S vehicles get standard safety features like head, knee and pelvic airbags, front and side curtain airbags. It also gets stability control, traction control, crash sensors for high voltage disconnect, ABS and a rear view camera.
- The sedan also gets classy and spacious interiors that makes the car look luxurious from inside. The controls are handled by 17 inch vertical touchscreen onboard system that gets rid of all knobs and physical controls. The cabin is very driver centric offering most of the features close to the driver.
- There is ample of headroom and leg space for the rear passengers as well. The sedan offers cargo space of 26.3 cubic feet but the rear seats can be folded to expand the cargo size to 58.1 cubic feet. It also gets a secondary trunk under the hood that provides 5.3 cubic feet of storage space.
- 2013 Tesla Model S is priced at $69,900 and above.
The all new 2013 Tesla Model S is completely different from the Signature lineup vehicles that Tesla sold last year. The sedan offers luxurious styling on the outside and also in the cabin. It has great performance and excellent battery range.
The cabin is spacious enough to convert it into seven passenger sedan which is also a huge bonus.