Based on the Le Mans Quattro concept car Audi has come up with the new version of Audi R8 that has already impressed many buyers around the world since its debut in the year 2008. This time Audi R8 returns with some more updates and changes that offer drivers with better driving experience. In all the previous Audi R8 vehicles engines played an important role and the core of the new 2014 Audi R8 is the new V8 or V10 engine that offers exceptional output.
Here we take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the 2014 Audi R8 review below.
- The all new 2014 Audi R8 is a two seater midengine supercar that is available in coupe and convertible models.
- The R8 coupe gets some of the standard equipments like 19 inch alloy wheels with summer tires, full LED lighting on the front, power folding mirrors and many other features. While the R8 convertible gets electrically powered soft top and retractable rear window that also works as a wind deflector.
- The new version of the car gets the same low front fascia that offers better aerodynamics to the vehicle to improve the overall performance.
- 2014 Audi R8 V8 is powered by 4.2 liter V8 engine that is mounted right behind the passenger compartment and generates around 430 horsepower and 317 lb feet of torque. The engine is mated with six speed manual transmission.
The new seven speed double clutch automated manual transmission also known as S tronic is optional.
- The car accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds which is pretty fast with EPA estimates of 11 mpg in the city, 20 mpg on the highway and 14 mpg combined with the manual transmission. The car offers 14 mpg in the city, 23 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg combined with the S tronic transmission.
- 2014 Audi R8 V10 is powered by 5.2 liter V10 engine that produces whopping 525 horsepower and 391 lb feet of torque. The car accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and offers fuel economy of 12/19/14 with the manual transmission while it offers 13/22/16 with S tronic.
- The new Audi R8 V10 Plus gets the same V10 engine but generates 550 horsepower and 398 lb feet of torque. It accelerates in 3.4 seconds and offers fuel economy of 13/22/16 with manual transmission.
- 2014 Audi R8 is loaded with standard safety features like stability control, traction control, ABS, front, side and knee airbags, front and rear parking sensors for better parking options. 2014 Audi R8 also gets new non-ceramic brake discs that have been introduced for the first time on all models except V10 Plus model.
- There are many changes that Audi has made to the new 2014 R8. It gets a thicker steering wheel for better grip with new shift paddles. It also gets diamond pattern stitching for the Napa leather seats. It also gets new crafted cabin that is designed for the driver to get better controls and options.
- 2014 R8 also gets lightweight seats that reduce the overall weight of the vehicle and making it comfortable for long distance driving. Interestingly, Audi has integrated Bluetooth microphone into driver’s seatbelt to make things simpler for the driver.
- The car offers 3.5 cubic foot front trunk which is an average cargo space and not an ideal cargo space if you are carrying too much of luggage. The convertible model retractable roof takes around 20 seconds to cover up and open up.
- 2014 Audi R8 is available in the market for $114,900 and above.
Although, 2014 Audi R8 has m
any upgraded features and performance options that can impress many buyers but it still gets some tough competition. The German carmaker has made many changes to the cabin of the vehicle to enhance the driving experience. However, it is the power under the hood that attracts more buyers towards it. The engines are responsive and that makes the car agile and easy to handle. Audi has also got rid of the R tronic and have introduced S tronic transmission along with the manual transmission for old school car buyers. However, this supercar has some drawbacks like limited cargo space and outdated navigation system that does not work in the favor of the vehicle. 2014 Audi R8 will compete cars like 2014 Nissan GT-R, 2014 Porsche 911, Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Gallardo, and McLaren MP4-12C and even Mercedes Benz SLS AMG.