Nissan is trying to play the right cards at the right moment and has thoroughly understood the needs of American car buyers. After introducing many other subcompact cars in the American market, Nissan has decided to introduce one more B-segment vehicle that will offer more choice to the consumers. The all new 2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback is certainly going to be among the top cars as it derives some of the features from the Nissan Versa sedan that gained better response last year.
Here we take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the 2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback review below.
- Although, the 2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback derives some of the features from the Versa sedan it does not look anything like it. Nissan designers have changed the entire appearance of the vehicle and make it look brand new.
- The car looks more compact than the sedan in terms of styling. The squash character lines on the side panels make it look distinctive from any other hatchback in the market. The character lines are unique and they also speak about the new innovations that Nissan is bringing to the market. The Versa Note hatchback is also 300 pounds lighter than the discontinued hatchback from Nissan.
- The front fascia of the vehicle also gets some design cues from 370Z and Juke Brothers but Nissan has done well to ensure that the front fascia looks elegant and contemporary. The car is available 8 exterior colors, Aspen White, Brilliant Silver, Magnetic Gray, Metallic Blue, Metallic Peacock, Morningsky Blue, Red Brick, and Super Black.
- Under the hood, Nissan offers 1.6 liter inline 4 engine that generates 109 horsepower and 107 lb feet of torque. The engine is mated with five speed manual transmission for better performance.
- 2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback offers EPA estimates of around 31 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway which is pretty good with the optional CVT transmission that buyers can choose. It offers acceleration of zero to 60 mph in around 11 seconds which is not the best acceleration numbers.
- Nissan has made some changes to the exteriors to offer better fuel economy. The new Versa Note hatchback gets first active grille shutters and underbody deflectors that cheat with the air to offer better fuel consumption numbers. It also offer low rolling resistant tires that combines with other technologies to offer 17% improvement in fuel economy.
- 2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback gets all the standard safety features that makes it one of the safe hatchbacks in the market. The car gets traction control, stability control, front and side airbags for front passenger and driver. It also gets ABS, emergency brake assist, vehicle tracking and recovery system, electronic brakeforce distribution, and tire pressure monitoring.
- The cabin for 2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback is frill free and spacious offering lot of space to the consumers. The dashboard is simple and made from hard plastic does not offer luxurious appearance but does better than average.
- The center console have simplified controls and buttons to make it convenient for the driver. The optional 5.8 inch navigation screen display monitor does well to offer assistance to the driver.
- The seats are comfortable and large enough to offer better seating options. 2014 Nissan Versa Note also claims to offer the best in class cargo space of 21.4 cubic feet and 38 inches of leg room for rear seat passengers.
- 2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback is priced at $13,990 and above.
2014 Nissan Versa Note hatchback certainly offers better exterior styling and interior comforts along with the fuel economy and performance. However, it will have some tough competition from Honda Fit and Scion hatchback that can offer similar options to the consumers. The new Note hatchback certainly beats Yaris hatchback but Nissan will have to look out for some serious competition that is happening in the hatchback segment.